Grilled Fruit Recipe Ingredients :
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 3 tbsp Freshly squeezed lime juice (from 1 to 2 limes)
- 2 Bananas
- 2 Peaches
- 2 Nectarines
- 2 Plums
- 1 Pineapple
1. Stir together all of the honey glaze ingredients until smooth.
2. For grilled bananas: Peel the bananas, and slice in half crosswise and then lengthwise. (you will have 4 pieces, each about 4 inches long and 1/2 inch thick.) Add a pinch of ground cinnamon and/or 2 tablespoons of dark rum to the honey glaze. Using a pastry brush, coat the banana pieces with the glaze. Grill over direct medium heat for 6-8 min., turning gently, until light brown.
3. For grilled peaches, nectarines, plums: halve the fruit and remove the pits. Toss the fruit gently in a bowl with the honey glaze. Grill, cut side down, over direct medium heat for 10-12 minutes, turning after 7 or 8 min.
4. For grilled pineapple: Cut off the top and the peel. Slice the fruit into 3/4 inch-thick rounds. Add 2 Tbsp of dark rum to the honey glaze. Using a pastry brush, coat both sides of each slice with the glaze. Grill over direct medium heat for 12 to 15 min., turning once halfway through. The grilled fruit recipes is ready to serve...enjoy it !