Grilled Fruit Kebabs with Chocolate Sauce
* 2 ripe bananas, peeled
* 6 slices pound cake (1/2 inch thick cut into 1 inch squares)
* 2 medium ripe nectarines or peaches
* 6 whole strawberries, stemmed
* 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
* 1 5-ounce can evaporated milk (2/3 cup)
* 2/3 cup sugar
* 1/4 cup butter or margarine
To prepare sauce, melt chocolate chips and butter or margarine over low heat in a small saucepan. Add in the sugar and slowly add the evaporated milk. Bring mixture to a boil,
reduce heat and stir for 8 minutes. Remove and set aside.
Remove seeds from peaches or nectarines and cut the fruit into wedges. Slice the bananas and pound cake into 1-inch squares. Thread the peaches or nectarines, cake, and bananas alternately onto six 12-inch-long skewers. To each skewer add one strawberry.
Grill each kebab about 5 minutes or until cake is lightly browned, making sure to turn only once. To serve, push contents from skewers onto dessert plates and lightly drizzle with warm chocolate sauce. The grilled fruit recipe is ready...enjoy the kebab !